Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life with 2!!

So I just realized that I haven't really said anything about the whole birthing process so here you go. We went into the hospital at 6:00 am while Nathan slept quietly at home with my 2 sisters and my mom. They got my IV in and my blood drawn and DR came in and gave us the run down and he was ready to go by like 7:15 am but the nurses weren't. They started my spinal at 7:36 they cut at 7:46 and Benjamin Cooper Gibson was born at 7:52 am weighing 7 lbs 6oz and he was 20 in. Kev actually got it on video. I heard him scream and they showed him to me for a second. All I could see were his giant feet and hands but he was still cute. Kevin and Ben were whisked off to get all cleaned up while they sewed me shut. I was back in my room and holding Ben by 8:35 am. It all went really good. My sisters brought Nathan up to see us around 9:30am. He was kinda overwhelmed with me still being hooked up to everything and he didn't want to talk to me or the baby but all that has changed now. He loves both of us again. Nathan has had hard time the past couple of days with life in general but my friend Natalie came and got him and took him swimming and that helped a ton. Thanks Natalie I don't know what I would do without you. I think he will adjust once we get back to some sort of schedule. Ben has been a dream baby ( knock on wood) he barely ever cries and when he does it just because he's hungry. I on the other hand cry all the time for nothing. Stupid hormones. I love both of my boys they are both so fun and cute. I am so lucky to have Kevin as a husband. He took 2 weeks off of work and is the biggest help. I love him he's also cute and fun.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast they can slice into a human body, only to pull out another human!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, this is your cousin Holly!! Congrats on the beautiful boy!! THe whole c-section thing is so different. I had one for my last boy but it wasn't expected. But if I have another, I will look forward to doing it like you did!! What a beautiful family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not say this a lot, but that little boy is one of the cutest most beautiful babies I have ever seen. Congratulations. I have been thinking about you a lot. Daxton has had a fever for the last week and I don't want to chance getting your baby sick. Just know that I am thinking of you and I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete