Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hike to the Hot Pots!!

You will never believe what we did!! We (Jana, Me, Kevin, Tator, and Ben) went on a 5 mile hike. I know for most people that would be no big deal but for me and my fat butt it was like running a marathon. This was the best hike to go on because the reward at the end was being able to sit in the hot springs. It felt so nice to soak our tired legs in the hot water. At first I was trying to keep Ben out of the water because there was no where to lay him down but then Kevin said just strip him down and get him in. So I did. He loved it I think he's so cute with his winter hat and his diaper :) Tator was so cute when we were getting ready to hike back down he said "thanks for taking me to the outside bath dad."

Here is Kevin and Nate on the bridge. Kevin carried him the whole way he did such a good job.
Here is Jana, Nate, Ben and me relaxing in the water it was so nice.
Here is Jana and Ben on the Bridge. Jana carried Ben most of the way up the mountain. Good thing she came or I would have turned back.
This is Ben and me on the trail. It was so pretty. My friend Natalie said when your on a hike "don't forget to look up." I kept thinking that and I'm glad I did.
Here is the wildlife we saw. Jana almost got pooped on as we were passing these cows ha ha ha.
Here is some more wildlife. Some weirdo BYU students decided to bring llamas up to pack all their stuff. The funny part is that when we passed them on the way back down the trail some kid was packing all the stuff and the llamas were just along for the ride. When we got back down the trail they were trying to convince these poor llamas to get in a van, not a horse trailer or something logical like that but just a regular old van.

8 comments:

  1. O how fun! I love the pictures of all the fall leaves.
    Love the new look of the blog, very Halloweenie (there another weinie joke for you) and I love the picture of Nathan dressed up as a gumball machine. That is awesome, especially his expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. Where were these hot springs at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun!! It's up Spanish Fork Canyon. You should go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber!!! That looks totally AWESOME! I'm completely jealous! ~Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for wonderful sisters who carry your baby for you! That looks like so much fun. Good for you. Even though it may have been hard, wasn't it sooo worth the effort!! Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, a gumball machine! I was thinking he was crying because you had put him in a dress! Silly me. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could be the dress thing. He didn't wear it except for that picture. I ended up buying him a puppy costume. I guess that's what I get for trying to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING that pic of Nathan. Too cute! Looks like your trip was fun, too.

    ReplyDelete