Sunday, October 4, 2009

No more binks and other random stuff

Lately I have felt like a not so good mom. Here are a few examples of why. Nathan is almost 3 and he still had his binkis until yesterday bad mom move number 1. We decided it was time to get rid of them. It hurt my heart to think of taking them away because he loves them so much but it was time. As I'm sitting here blogging about them he's begging his dad for one :(
We told Tator that he could have anything he wanted ( within reason) if he paid for them with his binks( bad mom move number 2 ). He decided he wanted fish so that's what he got. We gathered all his binks up and put them in a baggie and headed to petco. Nathan picked out a sweet looking black moor goldfish. We decided we would name him Frank. We walked up to the register and I gave Nate his baggie full of binks and said here you go pay for them with your binks he handed them right over while I whispered to the lady behind the register just throw them away when we leave. She smiled and took them like they were gold. So far so good right??? Frank has a sweet tank that changes colors Nate likes to ask us "which one you want?" then he will change the color accordingly. We decided Frank needed a girlfriend so we went and got a orange goldfish named Shirley to keep him company. Later on that night my sister came over with her family and they asked him what the names of the fish were and he insisted that the black one was Toph and the orange one was Toke so I guess Frank and Shirley have been renamed :) So that night Tator was crying and screaming for a binki so I told him sorry Tator you bought Toph and Toke with your binks we don't have them anymore. He said to me "take them back I want my binki". I laid with him til he cried himself to sleep. Sad :( Today was good he only asked for them 2 times until it was bedtime and he's upstairs in bed right now crying for them. My heart is breaking.
Here is a pic of bad mom move number 3. This happened while I was on the computer.
This is just a cute picture of my boys in their Halloween pajamas. I love Halloween.

Nate is growing up so fast it makes me sad. He is super smart he already knows all his letters and the sound each one makes. He can find and name 7 of the states on a map. He's very sweet and kind. The other day some older ladies from my ward came over to our house to bring Ben a blanket. I could hear Nate in the kitchen getting in the fridge. He came out with two bottled waters and gave them to the ladies it was so cute it melted my heart and made me laugh a little. I don't want him to grow up anymore. I want to freeze him at this age. I just hope that all my bad mom moments don't screw him up too much.

5 comments:

  1. Bad mom??? Are you kidding me?
    Good mom moment #1- you laid with Tator while he cried, your heart hurt because he hurt, compassion is everything
    Good mom moment #2-you bought him fish (toph, that is so funny)
    Good mom moment #3-you took super cute pictures of the kids
    Good mom moment #4-you taught Nathan to be a gentleman, a good host always offers a drink to their guests.
    So that is 4 off the top of my head, 4 trumps 3!

    Cute pictures, I love the one with Ben, his face is so freaking cute, I didn't even notice his arm that came out of his outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a bad mommy, although I do think it is normal to have those kind of feelings, I know I sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amber you are a wonderful mom. Those are good mom moments. He would probably be mad at you if you let him go to Kindergarten with a binky. I love the picture of Nathan in his bubble gum machine. Love it!!! We need to stop the guilt mom stuff. lets work on it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber your boys are so cute. I love reading your blog! I need to be way better on updating my own blog. I get feeling that I am a bad mom all the time. We really need to get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are soooo not a bad mom. If you were reading my blog way back when, you will see that I didn't take away Rohne's paci until he was almost 3 too. It was really hard. You are wonderful, and those 2 cute boys are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete