Monday, July 5, 2010

Swim Lessons

Summer is here!!! This summer we put Nate in swimming lessons with a few of his cute friends from the ward. The lessons were everyday at 9:30 for 2 weeks. It was a little bit of a challenge getting out of the house everyday by that time but we made it. One day I did have to call Natalie to take Nate because my car wouldn't start but other than that it was great.

This was the best picture I had with all the kids in his class. Gracie, Macie, Scout, Eric and Nate. There was another little girl in his class but I didn't know her. The first day the pool was really cold and I don't think that helped Nate's excitement for the water. He kept saying "I want you mom" but his teacher(Mrs. Eggett) would have nothing to do with it. She is so great she doesn't care if the kids are screaming or crying she makes them all do whatever she asks at least once. They all love her for it.
Here is Scout and Nate doing kicks on their backs. Aren't they so cute.
Nate "swimming" with Mrs. Eggett. One of the days Mrs. Eggett noticed that Nate knew the difference between left and right and she said to him "Nathan you are such a smart boy you should come to my preschool" Nate just agreed. Then she said " I'm so glad you are in my swim class" nate's reply was "your welcome". He is such a funny little boy.



On Friday's all the kids got to pick their favorite thing to do. Nate tried to convince Mrs. Eggett that they needed to play Wii but then Mrs. Eggett changed it to favorite thing from swimming :) Two of the kids picked jumping off the diving board and that made 2 of the other kids very very very sad and Nate wasn't all that happy about it either. Then when it came around to Nate he picked that again and poor Eric and Gracie burst into tears and Nathan just said "I'll stay here" as he sat safely on the stairs.

I think overall Tator loved it and he way more confident in the water.

2 comments:

  1. cute, I need to figure out how to do pictures on my new computer from my new camera, it is all so complicated. Then I will have a new post... UGH!
    I loved swimming too, I am excited to do it again in August, if anything, for something to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! I wish Brandon would have been in Tator's class.

    ReplyDelete