Friday, May 7, 2010

Feeding the boys

Ok so I need some suggestions. One of the daily tasks that I find the hardest is to figure out what to feed the boys. It's sort of overwhelming to know that I have to make 3 meals a day and snacks that are not only good for them but that they will actually eat. Sure I could feed Nathan and Ben noodles for every meal and that would make them happy but not me. So my request is if you have any meals that your kids will eat that are good for them let me know cause I can use all the help I can get :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On any given day I might feed lunch to anywhere from 5 to 8 kiddos ranging in age from 1 to 5 years old. Keep in mind, I am raising picky children by not adding any spontaneity, but I know they are getting the nutrients they should and it's all stuff they will actually eat.

    Mondays- ALWAYS peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
    Tuesdays- ALWAYS turkey lunchmeat
    Wednesdays- ALWAYS cheese- either string cheese or colby jack
    Thursdays- ALWAYS chicken nuggets
    Fridays- ALWAYS diced ham, lovingly referred to as hammy babies!

    Each day they also get one bread item- crackers (goldfish, club, graham) or bread, 2 fruits OR 2 veggies OR 1 of each, and milk.

    Dinner time is when we venture into more exciting things where we have to battle with them about trying stuff. But I like the above because I ALWAYS know what we are having and I don't have to figure something out everyday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ya, fruits and veggies around here usually consist of: carrots, apples, bananas, baby oranges, raisins, canned peaches, canned pineapple, grapes. I'm thinking of joining a produce co-op. Bountiful Baskets is only $15 and you get a TON of stuff! Are you doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH- I hate feeding my family too!! I really think it is the WORST thing ever as a mother. The days that I do actually buck up and do my job and fix them food, THEY DON'T EAT IT!!! I am sick of it. GOOD LUCK, Sorry I can't add anything to help you out.

    ReplyDelete